Medication Problem Solvers!
Our Experience and Expertise
With our extensive compounding experience and expertise, we are here to assist you in meeting individual patient needs. Do you have allergies that keep you from taking medication that you need? Do you need a medication that is no longer commercially available? Would you like to combine several medications into one? Riverpoint Pharmacy is your best resource!
Riverpoint Pharmacy specializes in solving medication problems. Here are some of the special services we provide:
- Natural, Bio-Identical, hormone replacement therapy including HORMONE CONSULTATIONS
- Sterile Compounding meeting or exceeding all current guidelines for compounding pharmacy
- Unique dosage forms and delivery systems
- Changing solid dosage forms such as tablets or capsules into oral liquids or topical creams or gels
- Medications that have been discontinued or are commercially unavailable
- Preservative free and/or dye free medications
- Veterinary services
- Pain management therapies
- Nutritional therapies including consultations
Bio-Identical or “Natural” VS Synthetic
Bio-Identical means that the hormones are an exact match to the hormones produced by the human body. They could also be called human-identical. These hormones get their start in nature, found in soy beans and wild yams, and can then be easily converted into the exact hormones that the body makes. The body can recognize these bio-identical hormones and use them just as they would if they were being produced by the ovaries, testes, or adrenal glands. Some of the side effects usually seen with bio-identical hormones are associated with incorrect dosing. By making slight variations in the dosing, or dosage form, the side effects disappear.
Synthetic hormones are not easily recognized by the body even though they may produce similar effects. Because they can be hundreds of times more potent than the hormones that our bodies make, they are linked to many, many side effects. The side effects that caused the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study to be stopped have actually been suspected for several years.
Also, since Bio-Identical hormones cannot be patented, drug companies will not spend the money necessary to bring them to market. They could not recover the cost of the studies nor the development of these new drugs, to make it profitable. Therefore, it is much more difficult for doctors and patients to get information on Bio-Identical hormones.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement for Women and Men
All of the media attention on the Women’s’ Health Initiative (WHI) study has caused much controversy and concern about hormone replacement therapy. To make things more confusing, women are bombarded every day with advertisements for “natural” cures for menopause, which, more often than not, do not contain ingredients with any hormonal activity. The ones that do contain hormones, usually progesterone, are only available in very small strengths and do not provide the physiologic levels required to relieve symptoms or correct any imbalances in hormone levels.
Most women can expect to live at least one third of their life after menopause. More and more women are not only discussing their experiences with this life transition, they are no longer accepting traditional synthetic hormones as their only choice for hormone therapy. At Riverpoint Pharmacy we have two pharmacists on staff that is Certified Menopause Practitioners by the North American Menopause Society. This enables us to work closely with the patient and their provider to develop a custom hormone therapy that is designed specifically for them.
By testing hormone levels we can identify which hormones are needed. Using these levels as a guideline, hormones that are identical to the ones our bodies make can be replaced in the body in a way that mimics Mother Nature.
All of the symptoms of menopause can be relieved including hot flashes, night sweats, low libido, weight gain, irritability, moodiness, forgetfulness, and sleep disturbances.
- Ships nationwide for no extra charge using USPS
- Can ship overnight or second day with carrier of your choice-extra charge
- Track all packages with delivery verification
- Hormone Consultations
- Sterile Compounding meeting or exceeding all current guidelines
- Only USP and NF grade pharmaceutical products
- Only Certified Technicians
- Member of PCCA (Professional Compounding Centers of America)
- Certified Menopause Practitioners on staff
- Bills Most Major Insurances/Prescription Benefits
In addition to bioidentical hormones we also offer:
- Dermatology Specialty Compounds
- Pediatric Formulas and Flavorings
- Podiatric Formulas
- Sterile Eye Drops and Nasal Sprays
- Sterile Injectables
- Sterile Intrathecal Formulas
- Specialty Pain Formulations including Pain Cocktails and Topical Creams
- Discontinued Medications
- Preservative and Dye Free Medications
At Riverpoint Pharmacy our focus is compounding medications for each patient’s individual needs. We are the only pharmacy in the Inland Northwest who focuses exclusively on compounding. As such, we can provide resources and expertise not found elsewhere.
Please call Riverpoint Pharmacy at 800-775-4902 Ext. 314 for additional information.